Monday, February 4, 2008

FORMER SENATOR RICK SANTORUM (R-PA) ENDORSES MITT ROMNEY

Senator Rick Santorum"The Laura Ingraham Show"February 1, 2008

Senator Rick Santorum: "I spent an hour and a half with Mitt Romney about five, six months ago. And, we spent an hour and a half. As you know, I'm at Ethics and Public Policy and I'm working on the Jihad issue. And I spent an hour and a half with this guy and I can tell you, he understands it. We talked almost all that hour and a half about Iran. He was not only curious, but had some very interesting insights and ideas. He understands the national security piece. I walked away from there saying, 'Ok, I can check that box. This guy really gets it. He understands it. He has a depth of knowledge about it.' He knows what it means to be a Commander-in-Chief under these circumstances, as John McCain effectively does in fighting the war overseas. But just as importantly is fighting the war here at home, where John McCain has had a horrible record in protecting us here at home."

Laura Ingraham: "Well Senator, you're on a roll, you're on a roll right now."

Senator Santorum: "If you're a conservative, there really is only one place to go right now. I would even argue farther than that. If you're a Republican, if you're a Republican in the broadest sense, there is only one place to go right now and that's Mitt Romney."

To listen to Senator Santorum, please see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wk4juSRNuo

No comments: