Monday, February 11, 2008

SENATOR KAY BAILEY HUTCHISON ENDORSES JOHN MCCAIN FOR PRESIDENT

U.S. Senator John McCain's presidential campaign today announced that Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-TX) has endorsed John McCain for president.

Senator Hutchison issued the following statement on her endorsement:

"Senator McCain called me over the weekend and asked if I would campaign with him in Texas, and I am very pleased to do so. I think we can strengthen our Party and our ability to reach out to voters if we all come together as soon as possible to talk about what unites us and what we will do for America. I look forward to campaigning with Senator McCain in Texas so our voters get a chance to learn of his significant achievements for our country during his lifetime of service to our nation and his vision for a secure and thriving America for the future."

John McCain thanked Senator Hutchison for her support, stating, "Kay Bailey Hutchison is among the finest and most decent public servants we have today. She is a strong leader for Texas and our nation, and I am honored to have her support."

No comments: