Saturday, February 23, 2008

John McCain On Barack Obama

Excerpts From Sen. McCain's Press Conference Broadcast On CNN's "Ballot Bowl"

John McCain On Barack Obama's Waffling On Public Financing: "Now, I notice in a column in USA Today that he [is] talking about other outside money ... Look, that's Washington double speak. I committed to public financing, he committed to public financing. It is not any more complicated than that. ... I'm saying that I will keep my commitment, which I made in writing, that if the nominee of the Democratic Party would take public financing, I also would take public financing. I obviously would have to reevaluate if Senator Obama or Senator Clinton does not take that commitment, but I've made that commitment. Senator Obama made that commitment. Senator Clinton didn't make that commitment. Senator Obama did make that commitment, in writing. I expect him to -- I think the American people woul d expect him to hold to that commitment, especially if we want to bring about change."

John McCain On Barack Obama's Naive And Inexperienced Foreign Policy Statements: "Well, the best idea is to not broadcast what you're going to do. That's naive. The first thing that you do, is you make your plans and you carry out your operations as necessary for America's national security interest. You don't broadcast that you are going to bomb a country that is a sovereign nation and that you are dependent on the good will of the people of that country to help you in the war and the struggle against Taliban and the sanctuaries in which they hold. So, the first thing you do is you don't tell people what you're going to do. You make plans, and you work with the other country that is your ally and friend, which Pakistan is. You don't broadcast and say you're going to bomb a country without their permissi on or without consulting them. It's just the fundamentals of the conduct of national security policy."

Watch John McCain On CNN's "Ballot Bowl"
---
www.FayetteFrontPage.com
Fayette Front Page
Community News You Can Use
Fayetteville, Peachtree City, Tyrone
---

No comments: