Thursday, February 21, 2008

From McCain

My Friends,

Last night, I was able to thank the people of Wisconsin and Washington for bringing me one step closer to securing our party's nomination for president. Today, I want to specially thank my online supporters for your hard work that has brought me to this point. As we move toward officially securing the nomination, I am actively working to unite our party for the great contest that we face in November. If I am to succeed in this endeavor, I will need your help as a valued and active member of my team.

We have traveled a great distance together already in this campaign, and overcome more than a few obstacles. But as I said last week, now comes the hard part and for America, the bigger decision. Will we make the right changes to restore the people's trust in their government and meet the great challenges of our time with wisdom and faith in the values we hold dear? Or will we heed appeals for change that ignore the lessons of history, and lack confidence in the intelligence and ideals of free people?

I will fight every moment of every day in this campaign to make sure Americans are not deceived by an eloquent, but empty call for change that promises no more than a holiday from history and a return to the false promises and failed policies of a tired philosophy that trusts in government more than people. Our purpose is to keep this blessed country free, safe, prosperous and proud. And the changes we offer to the institutions and policies of government will reflect and rely upon the strength, industry, aspirations and decency of the people we serve.

The most important obligation of the next president is to protect Americans from the threat posed by violent extremists who despise us, our values and modernity itself. The institutions and doctrines we relied on in the Cold War are no longer adequate to protect us in a struggle where suicide bombers might obtain the world's most terrifying weapons.

That is why my friends, while I am confident of the eventual outcome of this primary race - the stakes are too high to take the nomination for granted. There are still more primaries, there are still three of us competing for the nomination and I am still working night and day to make sure that we have the funds necessary to compete and win the remaining state primaries.

I don't often get much free time on the campaign trail, but I was able to record a special video message that I hope you will take a few minutes to watch by following this link today.

Thank you for your continued support.
Sincerely,
John McCain
---
www.FayetteFrontPage.com
Fayette Front Page
Community News You Can Use
Fayetteville, Peachtree City, Tyrone
---

No comments: