Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-CT) On WSMN-Nashua's "On The Air With Jennifer Horn"

"John McCain ... is ready to be president on January 20th, 2009, by his experience, by his character and by his integrity." -- Sen. Joe Lieberman
Excerpts From WSMN-Nashua's "On The Air With Jennifer Horn"
January 2, 2008

Sen. Lieberman On McCain's Ability To Serve As President On Day One: "John is really surging, and I think it's because people understand as I do that we've got a lot at stake in this presidential election, as Americans, as people worried about our own families and our future, and I think people are understanding that after all is said and done, after the kind of infatuations with this or that candidate, that John McCain ... is ready to be president on January 20th, 2009, by his experience, by his character and by his integrity."

Sen. Lieberman On McCain's Respect Among Foreign Leaders: "I've traveled around the world with him. He's greatly respected by other world leaders. He has no hesitation. I've been with him with Vladimir Putin and others, when he just right to their face said, you know, you cannot suppress your people's freedom and expect the United States to just go along with it. And he's a hero to a lot of people around the world. And he's got the ability to make the tough judgments in our national interests without blinking and having to you know, consult with a lot of so-called experts. So I just think from everything I've seen of him, nineteen years now we've served together and known each other, this is the right guy."

Sen. Lieberman On McCain's Service: "He will be remembered, I hope as a former president, but regardless as somebody who served his country because he loved his country ... This is inside him. It's for real."

Joe Lieberman On McCain's Ability To Handle International Crisis: "I've been to Pakistan with John. I've seen him with Musharraf, very strong, very demanding, but very supportive trying to draw the best out of Musharraf. I mean, we went together to the border between Pakistan and Afghanistan where a lot of the terrorists are. So I mean, he's been there and he's an adult ... some people can say, well, I've had experience in the private sector or something, and I admire that, but it's not the same as what you're called on to do as Commander in Chief. So this guy is strong, he's steely, he knows what's best for America. You're just not going to shake him off. I mean, no matter what the crisis, he's ready to be Commander in Chief in our national interest."

Listen To The Full Interview: Sen. Joe Lieberman On "On The Air With Jennifer Horn"

No comments: