Friday, January 4, 2008

STATEMENT FROM JOHN MCCAIN ON THE IOWA CAUCUS

U.S. Senator John McCain today issued the following statement regarding the results of the Iowa Caucus:

"I thank each and every Iowan who braved the cold to caucus tonight, as well as my tremendous Iowa staff and leadership for all of their hard work over the past year. They worked wonders with far fewer resources than their competitors. I also congratulate Governor Huckabee on his victory tonight.

"Now the campaign turns to New Hampshire for the first-in-the-nation primary. As Granite State voters know best, I will continue to deliver straight talk about the critical issues facing our country. I will talk about the unique experience that prepares me to lead as commander in chief from day one, and makes me the only Republican who can win the White House in 2008.

"We started this together, New Hampshire, eight years ago. In five days, we're going to send the same message we did then: change is coming."

No comments: