Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The McCain Pledge

My Friends,

I am not running for president to be somebody, but to serve our country with honor. I seek the office of the President of the United States because I am as confident today as I was when I first entered public life as a foot soldier in the Reagan Revolution that the principles of the Republican Party - our trust in the good sense and resourcefulness of free people - are always in America's best interests.

I am convinced that every challenge I have confronted during my years of serving our country and its ideals, has made me better able to lead and ready to serve as president from day one.
I realize this is going to be an extremely tough, hard-fought campaign, but I've faced and overcome great challenges before. That is why I am reaching out to you today to ask you to sign my 2008 Presidential Pledge of Support and make a campaign contribution of $50, $100, $500 or even the maximum allowable amount of $2,300 by following this link today.

As we have seen in recent years, elections are often fought within the margins of small differences. This one clearly will not be. The differences between our campaign and the Democrats could not be greater. And I intend to fight as hard as I can to ensure that our principles prevail.

Today I hope you will join me in this fight by following this link to sign the Pledge of Support and make a campaign contribution of any amount you can afford - up to the legal limit of $2,300.
I need to be able to reach out to all Americans, and continue to build our national grassroots campaign. It is no secret that both Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama have raised enormous, historic sums of money in their battle for the nomination. National liberal Democratic groups like MoveOn.org, the Democratic National Committee, and others are plotting to spend and do whatever it takes to bring my campaign down.

With your support, I will have the resources to take my campaign to America's voters, present my vision for America and my accomplishments and outline how I will provide the leadership to solve our nation's most serious problems and move our country toward a safe and prosperous future for all.

Please, sign my Pledge of Support today and make a generous contribution to help our campaign take my message to the American people.

As I pursue the Office of the President of The United States, I make you this promise: I will always put America - her strength, her ideals, her future - before every other consideration.

I hope you will respond soon.

Thank you,
John McCain

No comments: