Monday, January 11, 2010

Wood Campaign Gains Momentum in Georgia

/PRNewswire/ -- Max Wood, candidate for Attorney General, has been pleased with the amount of support he and his campaign have generated so far.

"I am not an established politician, unlike my opponent. Many people are meeting me for the first time on the campaign trail. They seem to appreciate the strong qualifications I would bring to the office of Attorney General. The people of Georgia are hungry for real leadership and I believe I am the candidate best suited for the office of Attorney General," Wood said.

Wood announced his candidacy in August of 2009 prior to going on a six week tour of duty in Washington D.C. at the National Guard Bureau. "I am extremely proud of my military background. I am the only military veteran running for Attorney General," he added. Wood still serves as a Colonel in the Air National Guard.

His fundraising efforts began in mid October. The campaign has raised over $65,000 so far.

His current contributors include former United States Attorneys, Sheriffs and other law enforcement officials, four retired two star Generals and a former major league baseball player. He has also been able to gather support from numerous Democrats as well, even though he is a conservative Republican.

Wood plans to conduct himself as GA Attorney General much like he did as United States Attorney, adhering to the strict rule of representing all people, and not just one party.

"I am a Republican through and through, but if I am elected Attorney General, I also have a responsibility to be non-political when dealing with matters of the state," he said. He points to his stint as United States Attorney as an example of how he will conduct himself in office.

"I prosecuted Democrats and Republicans while United States Attorney. It was never a consideration to go easy on someone because they were a political insider or connected to one particular political party," he stated.

Wood served as United States Attorney in the Middle District of Georgia from 2001 to 2009. He was the longest serving United States Attorney in the area since the L.B.J. Administration.

-----
www.fayettefrontpage.com
Fayette Front Page
www.georgiafrontpage.com
Georgia Front Page
Follow us on Twitter: @GAFrontPage

No comments: