Saturday, October 24, 2009

Rob Wasinger, Candidate for Congress, Kansas

Are you tired of politics as usual in Washington?

Are you tired of the Republican Party establishment anointing liberal candidates, instead of letting local primary voters choose who they want their candidate to be?

I know I am! That's why I'm running for Congress and that's what I'm up against in this very competitive race.

One of my self-funding, liberal Republican opponents has been circulating an invitation all around Washington for a private, backroom meeting at the National Republican Congressional Committee in a hope to raise money from powerful lobbyists and party insiders.

The invitation includes an interesting sentence: "Sen. Barnett proposes and passes common sense legislation so no matter which side of the aisle you are on the legislation is passed."

What "common sense" legislation is my liberal opponent talking about?.

.. my opponent pushed and passed a statewide smoking ban in the Kansas State Senate
... my opponent supported a liberal health care plan proposed by then-Gov. Kathleen Sebelius and supported her to become Obama's secretary of HHS
... my opponent pushed government funding of a risky procedure to reduce obesity by wrapping "a band around the upper portion of the stomach, restricting the ability to overeat"
... my opponent supported a government-run beer keg registration program funded by a massive tax increase on alcohol

Without a doubt, my opponent is nothing but a big government liberal who believes that government -- not families and local communities -- is the solution to all societal problems.

I hope you'll help me fight back!

As chief-of-staff to Senator Sam Brownback, I learned quickly that we need less government and the last thing the American people desire is a nanny state.

Please help me today in my fight to defeat this liberal, big government Republican.

My candidacy is dependent on a broad base of donors from across the country who believe that the Republican Party must return to its conservative roots and embrace candidates who stand for Republican principles, not run away from them.

Please help me send a message to the Republican establishment with a donation of $500, $250, $75, $50, $25, $10, $5 or whatever you can afford today.

My wealthy, liberal opponent has already donated himself $100,000 to buy this race, and now he's turning to the Washington elite for more money.

Races shouldn't be all about money. In explaining why the National Republican Congressional Committee (NRCC) is backing liberal Republican, ACORN supported Dede Scozzafava in the special NY-23 race, a spokesperson said today that "the money was happy with her."

... That is outrageous!

I know I can win this race with the help of grassroots supporters like you. My race has been ranked as one of the top 10 most competitive in the nation, and I am going to need a big team to win it!

I have the grassroots support here on the ground in Kansas. Already, I've been endorsed by over 80 community leaders. I'm on my second tour of all 69 counties of the district, which is bigger than the state of Illinois!

Please help my campaign today. I am honored to be endorsed by conservative leaders such as Fred Thompson, and I want your endorsement as well!

Anything you can afford to donate helps and I am very grateful.Thank you for your support!

Sincerely,
Rob Wasinger

Candidate for Congress1st District of Kansas, Open Seat
http://www.robwasinger.com

P.S. My liberal, big government opponent has already donated $100,000 to his own campaign to try and defeat me, and now he's headed to Washington to raise more money from the Republican establishment. Please help me fight back with a contribution of whatever you can afford today! I am extremely grateful for your support!

P.P.S: Below is a picture of me, my wife Meg, and our nine children. When elected to Congress, I will fight for the future of our children and grandchildren and will bring conservative values to Washington. We need more public servants, not career politicians. Please help my campaign today!

(Note: we didn't include the photo, but wow, hats off to anyone who can keep up with nine kids! Nice looking family. Go visit Rob's website to see the photo and learn more - gfp)

---
Community News You Can Use
Follow us on Twitter: @gafrontpage
www.FayetteFrontPage.com
www.GeorgiaFrontPage.com
www.PoliticalPotluck.com
www.ArtsAcrossGeorgia.com
---

No comments: