Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Nancy Pfotenhauer On MSNBC

"[I]t's fascinating to me that Senator Obama's getting away with this. He hasn't released his list of advisers. It's a total double standard." -- Nancy Pfotenhauer

MSNBC
May 19, 2008

NANCY PFOTENHAUER: "It's fascinating to me, and I'm sorry not to answer you directly David, I'll get to it, but it's fascinating to me that Senator Obama's getting away with this. He hasn't even released his list of advisers. It's a total double standard. Even though he admits that he's got paid lobbyists, you know on the rolls if you will, and we know he's got some problems because I can name at least one, Greg Craig, who's a partner at Williams & Connelly, who is a senior foreign policy adviser who has pledged to raise hundreds of thousands of dollars for him at the same time that he's representing clients like..."

MSNBC'S DAVID SHUSTER: "Fair enough. I promise the next time we have an Obama surrogate I'll ask about Greg Craig and I'll ask about why they haven't released their listing. But back to the issue, why is it just in the last couple of days that John McCain has decided that only now is the time to start taking care of the lobbyist problems that he sees?"

PFOTENHAUER: "Senator McCain has acknowledged that we need to be very, very careful about both the way we act and the appearance of what we do. So he's put in place, literally, the strictest standards that have ever been in place in a presidential election. I've never seen anything like them. I'd be happy to kind of go through the various parameters, but the important thing here is that we'd like to challenge Senator Obama to adopt the same policies and to go public with who his advisers are. And then to follow the same policies so that the American people can be sure about where those policies are, what the origin of those policies are, and that the President's commitment is to serving them and not any special interest."

No comments: