Sunday, June 15, 2008

McCain - Remembering Tim Russert

My Friends,

Today I would like to take a moment pay tribute to a man I was proud to call a friend, Tim Russert.

Tim was a great journalist - tough yet always fair - and a great American who loved his family, friends, politics, and of course, his Buffalo Bills. Perhaps the life roles in which he took most pleasure were that of a father to his son Luke and as the son of Big Russ.

The relationship between father and child is a deep bond unlike any other and Tim certainly celebrated this bond with his books, Big Russ and Me and Wisdom of Our Fathers. Tim loved his family above all else and I think it is only fitting this Father's Day to honor his life.

I hope you will take time to watch this special video message and remember the life and legacy of a terrific father and son. Tim Russert leaves a legacy of integrity of the highest level of journalism and we will miss him deeply.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family on this Father's Day. And I know I speak for many in saying, Sunday mornings in America will not be the same without him.

With Warm Sincerity,

John McCain

No comments: