Thursday, May 21, 2009

Update: Karen Handel, Candidate for GA Governor

Our campaign got off to a fantastic start last weekend. At the GOP State Convention in Savannah, we launched our "Bring It On" campaign, website and video in front of an enthusiastic crowd of committed Republicans. Our campaign video has already been viewed over 4,000 times online - follow this link to see it for yourself!

After the convention, it was on to Glynn County for several events. First, I stopped in to see my good friend Dottie Ann Smith who graciously hosted an event with some friends. Then, we headed to the Glynn County GOP dinner where Steve and I caught up with Ruby Robinson, Kevin Gough, Rep Jerry Keen, Ken Trobaugh, Mack and Leslie Mattingly and many others. I'm also glad I had a chance to visit with Republican trailblazers like Virginia Ramsey and Willou Smith, who literally helped pave the way for me and other Republican women.

Last Sunday, we held a very well attended reception with members of the Georgia Chamber of Commerce. It was a great opportunity to share with these community and business leaders my thoughts on several key issues facing our state. I also attended the Georgia Chamber's opening event, and even in this crowd, the launch of our "Bring It On" campaign was the talk of the evening.

The momentum from the convention has carried over into this week with an incredible number of volunteers and supporters joining our team.

As I continue traveling the state and spreading the message, I hope you'll take a moment to visit our new website at www.KarenHandel.com. Here, you can see the video, read about my stances on our state's important issues, catch up on recent press, and even join our campaign team. Also, please forward this e-mail to friends and family so they might do the same.

Finally, I want to give my sincere thanks to our volunteer team who helped make the State Convention a success last weekend. Our goal was to generate excitement and enthusiasm for our campaign, and we couldn't have done it without you. I genuinely appreciate your hard work on my behalf.

Thanks again for all your help and support and for your continued friendship and prayers!
Karen Handel

Today's Links:

National Blog Calls Karen "Bold Reformer"
Erick Erickson of RedState.com wrote a piece this week laying out a roadmap for GOP success in 2010. He mentioned Karen as one of the outsider reformers who will lead the charge. See the article here.

Contribute Today!
Karen needs your support to reach the many voters across Georgia. Join her team and help spread her message of reform by making a donation today.
---
Community News You Can Use
Follow us on Twitter: @gafrontpage
www.FayetteFrontPage.com
www.GeorgiaFrontPage.com
www.PoliticalPotluck.com
www.ArtsAcrossGeorgia.com
---

No comments: