Friday, April 24, 2009

Letter from Sen. Eric Johnson

Dear Friends,

Let me begin by thanking you for all of your prayers, support and encouragement over the last week and a half. As you know, we set out to run for Lieutenant Governor many months ago, and with your help we are making tremendous strides. Our network of grassroots supporters and contributors across the state was second to none and everything is going according to plan. As a key supporter, you play a major part in the incredible momentum forming behind this effort.

Of course, Lieutenant Governor Cagle’s decision last week to run for re-election instead of running for Governor showed that even the best laid plans don’t always work out quite like you expect. Rightfully, the first reaction all of us had was concern for Casey, Nita, and their three boys. I know all of you join me in wishing him a full and speedy recovery.

I’m reminded of the old saying: “if you ever want to hear God laugh, just tell him your plans.” And it’s never been more true than in this case. As circumstances changed, I had the opportunity to hear from many of you and countless other Georgians about what we should do and how we might best be able to serve our State. And, of course, our friends in the media and the blogs had no shortage of opinions on the matter!

Many of you have encouraged me to stay in the race, while others have suggested I consider launching a gubernatorial campaign. Either way, your loyalty in standing with me, no matter the decision will always be remembered. Please know that I have taken your counsel to heart as I make this important decision.

As Kathryn and I consider our options this weekend, I ask you to pray for wisdom on our part. If you have an opinion, I hope you’ll share it with me. This is your campaign and your state. Let me know how you think we can make it better.

And stay tuned to hear about our plans and how you can get even more involved. This election is too crucial and the challenges that face us as a state too important for any of us to sit on the sidelines. I am committed to continuing to advocate for our ideas for creating jobs, improving education, and ensuring responsible government. Together, we can make it happen.

Your friendship means more to me and my family than you’ll ever know, and we will never forget all you’ve done for us. I look forward to seeing you on the campaign trail soon.

Yours for a better Georgia,
Eric
www.johnsonforgeorgia.com
Candidate (currently) for Lt. Governor
---
Community News You Can Use
www.GeorgiaFrontPage.com
www.FayetteFrontPage.com
Twitter: @gafrontpage
Political News You Can Use
www.ReadMyLipstickNetwork.com
Twitter: @readmylipstick
www.PoliticalPotluck.com
Plus a bit of the Arts...
www.ArtsAcrossGeorgia.com
---

No comments: